As the temperature rises, those annual camping trips are right around the corner! Waking up and watching the sunrise with a fresh cup of coffee in your hand is the perfect way to welcome back Summer!
Not sure how to make the perfect cup of campfire coffee? Not to worry, we've got you covered!
What you will need:
A heat source – campfire, grill, or camp stove
Large coffee pot, cooking pot, or kettle
1 Tbsp. ground coffee per 8 oz. of water
- Measure the amount of water you will need and pour it into your pot.
- Bring the water to boil over the campfire or the heat source you are using.
- Once the water boils, remove it from heat and allow it to sit for 30 – 60 seconds to ensure it has stopped boiling. Make sure you have a rolling boil before removing it from heat.
- Add one tablespoon of ground coffee to every 8 oz. of water.
- Stir the grounds into the water and make sure it is mixed well.
- Let the coffee steep for two minutes – off the heat source.
- Stir the coffee again and allow to sit for another two minutes.
- After four minutes, pour half of a cup of cold water into the coffee with the grounds still in it. This will pull the grounds that are floating from the top to the bottom of the pot.
- Gently pour out the coffee so the grounds remain near the bottom of the pot. Enjoy your delicious cup of Muskoka Roastery coffee!