Black Bear Chocolate Torte
This chocolate torte recipe, using Muskoka Roastery Black Bear coffee, is a dark, delicious dessert option for the holidays.
1 pound butter
¾ cup sugar
1 cup hot brewed Muskoka Roastery Black Bear coffee
1 oz (30 ml) bourbon
16 oz (480 ml) dark 70% chocolate, melted
6 egg yolks
1 cup frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 175°C (325°F).
2. Prepare an 8-inch springpan with butter or vegetable pam.
3. Melt butter and sugar; mix well. Add coffee, bourbon and melted chocolate; mix until smooth. (In mixer, with hand electric beater or by hand.)
4. In separate bowl, beat eggs and yolks until frothy. Add to chocolate mixture and beat until it becomes thicker.
5. Add raspberries and fold well.
6. Pour mixture into springpan and place at centre of oven with a drip pan underneath.
7. Bake for one hour. The cake will still be a bit wobbly in the centre.
8. Cool and unhinge the pan. Refrigerate until time to serve.
9. Serve cold and enjoy with a delicious cup of Muskoka Roastsery coffee!
*Serve with fruit and/or bourbon-infused fruit if desired.
Posted on 18 December 2017, @10:00am